If you use catheters, you’ve probably heard of BARD Catheters. When you rely on the effectiveness of catheters for bladder health, the brand you use must be safe and trusted – this is undoubtedly why BARD Catheters are a top choice in the industry.
BARD Catheters are chosen time and time again by patients and caregivers who need a reliable choice in urological products. Below, we’ll look at the history of BARD Care and explore what sets them apart from the competition.
The History Of BARD Catheters
For over 100 years, the parent company of BARD Care, C.R.BARD, has been a top choice in the medical device industry. Charles BARD founded the company in 1907 in New York City following his first import of urinary discomfort treatment, Gomenol.
Over the years, and under new ownership by John F. Willits and Edson L. Outwin, BARD grew and expanded. Then, in 1934 a truly pivotal moment in catheter history – was the introduction of the first Foley catheters by BARD Catheters. Six years later, BARD would also introduce the American Woven Catheter.
Along its successful route as a leader in medical and catheter devices, BARD became a publicly-traded company in 1963 and was eventually acquired in 2017 by healthcare giant Becton Dickinson. To this day, BARD Catheters continues to lead in its category and is a trusted name for caregivers, patients, and healthcare professionals worldwide. Their divisional specialties include urology and vascular, oncology, and surgical specialty supplies.
Different Types Of Catheters Offered
Today, BARD Catheters include a wide variety to accommodate patient healthcare needs in urology. The company’s line of catheter products includes:
- CLEAN-CATH Intermittent Catheters: The BARD Catheter CLEAN-CATH catheters, made with durable PVC, are uncoated and available in sizes from 6-18 French, with either straight or coudé tips to accommodate different patient needs.
- Foley Catheters: BARD Catheters have been the name in the Foley catheter market for over 100 years. Foley catheters are available in various materials, uncoated or pre-lubricated, featuring different tip styles, and in multiple sizes and different sizes.
- Intermittent Trays: The closed system Magic3 Intermittent Catheter Trays, the standard intermittent trays with all supplies needed for proper catheterization, and the Red Rubber hollow-tipped catheter trays feature all required supplies.
- MAGIC3 GO Female Hydrophilic Catheter – Explicitly built for female BARD Catheter users, the MAGIC3 GO Female Hydrophilic Catheter features an easy-to-grip handle for controlled and comfortable insertion and is pre-lubricated with a hydrophilic coating.
- MAGIC3 GO Male Hydrophilic Catheter – Available in straight and curved coudé tips, the MAGIC3 GO Male Hydrophilic Catheter series comprises silicone and a hydrophilic lubricant coating and insertion sleeve for easy insertion and helpful control.
- MAGIC3 GO Pediatric Hydrophilic Catheter – Similar to the MAGIC3 GO Male Hydrophilic Catheter, the MAGIC3 GO Pediatric Hydrophilic Catheter is explicitly made for pediatric catheter patients. It is pre-lubricated with a hydrophilic coating and easy insertion sleeve.
- MAGIC3 Hydrophilic Catheter – This hydrophilic catheter option has a sterile water packet for easy insertion and comes in straight and coudé tips. The MAGIC3 Hydrophilic Catheter is also available in a closed system option that allows for touchless insertion and includes a collection bag.
- MAGIC3 Catheter – This tapered tip catheter is uncoated and features four eyes for optimal drainage.
- Red Rubber Intermittent Catheters: The Bard Red Rubber Intermittent Catheters are for users who require a firmer catheter insertion option. These catheters are available in 8-26 French sizes.
- TOUCHLESS Plus Intermittent Catheters and Kits: The BARD Catheter TOUCHLESS Plus Intermittent Catheters and Kits are a form of closed system catheters that can reduce patient risk of urinary tract infections with an enclosed catheter and connected drainage bag.
Why Do Catheter Users Choose BARD?
When catheters are required for bladder health, the brand and make of the catheter becomes an important decision for users and caregivers. BARD has been a top choice in the catheter supply category for over 100 years. Not only has BARD continued to innovate and lead in the catheter category over the past century and perfected its catheter offerings to ensure they provide the best and most reliable solutions to patients. Most patients can find what they’re looking for when they choose BARD Catheters, as they feature different styles, tips, sizes, and more for men, women, and children with varying needs.
How Active Life Medical Products Can Help With Catheter Supplies
You need a trusted catheter product supplier when you require catheter supplies. Active Life Medical Products makes ordering the entire catheter supply process easy. Our Product Specialists can help you get your prescribed catheter covered through most insurances. Everything will be delivered directly and discreetly to your front door.
Call Active Life Medical Products at (800) 319-2336 to place your order.