Can I Receive Incontinence Products Through Colorado Medicaid?
Under Health First Colorado, individuals may qualify to receive a combination of the following:
- Barrier Cream,
- Bladder Control Pads (Poise Pads),
- Adult Briefs (Adult Diapers),
- Adult Pull-Ons (Protective Underwear), And
Supplemental products such as barrier cream and gloves can make managing incontinence easier, especially for caregivers.
What Is Colorado Medicaid?
Colorado Medicaid, known as Health First Colorado, provides health coverage to millions of Americans, including children, pregnant women, parents, seniors and individuals with disabilities. In some states, the program covers all low-income adults below a certain income level.
To be eligible for Health First Colorado, you must be a resident of the state of Colorado, a U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien in need of health care/insurance assistance, whose financial situation would be characterized as low-income or meager income. You must also be one of the following:
- Be 65 years of age or older, or
- Be responsible for a child 18 years of age or younger, or
- Blind, or
- Have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability, or
Can I Get Incontinence Products Through Active Life Medical Products?
Active Life Medical Products currently can not supply incontinence products through Colorado Medicaid. If you currently do not have Medicaid, visit Colorado’s program website to see how.
To be approved for incontinence supplies under the Colorado Medicaid program, you must have the following items:
- Documented proof within the last six months that the items are considered medically necessary by a healthcare provider (certificate of medical necessity)
- Pre-approval of incontinence supplies from your provider (prior authorization)
- The estimated amount of supplies needed per day
- The medical reason for needing medical supplies
Incontinence Coverage Information For Colorado Medicaid
Active Life Medical Products’ Product Specialists will assist a Medicaid patient in obtaining all paperwork and approvals from state agencies. Start your order today by filling out our Contact Form.