Can I Receive Incontinence Products Through Alabama Medicaid?
To be eligible for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of Alabama, a U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien in need of health care/insurance assistance, whose income is considered meager.
You must also be one of the following:
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) referral is current
- The patient is medically at risk for skin breakdown when at least two of the following criteria are met:
- Unable to control bowel or bladder functions.
- Unable to physically turn self or reposition self.
- Unable to transfer self from bed to chair or wheelchair without assistance.
- Unable to utilize regular toilet facilities due to medical condition.
- The patient is non-ambulatory or minimally ambulatory.
- If the patient is ambulatory, then documentation of their particular need must be submitted. Still, due to their mental status, cognitive status, or developmental disability, they cannot assist in their toileting needs.
- The patient must be Medicaid eligible.
- The recipient is at least three years old.
You may qualify to receive a combination of the following:
- Adult Briefs (Adult Diapers),
- Bladder Control Pads,
- Disposable Underpads,
- Gloves, And
- Adult Pull-Ups/Pull-Ons (Adult Protective Underwear).
Intellectual Disabilities (ID) and Living At Home (LAH) Waiver patients can also receive the following items:
- Any Hygienic Item, Device (Baby Wipes)
- Disposable Liner/Shield/Pad
- Disposable Underpads, All Sizes
- Incontinence Disposable Penile Wrap
- Non-Disposable Underpads, All Sizes
- Non-Sterile Gloves
What Is Alabama Medicaid?
Alabama Medicaid is a health insurance program for certain low-income and needy people paid with Federal, state, and county dollars. It is the most extensive program providing medical and health-related services to Alabama’s poorest people, including children, the aged, blind, and disabled, and those eligible to receive Federally assisted income maintenance payments.
Can I Get Incontinence Products Through Active Life Medical Products?
Active Life Medical Products can supply incontinence products through Alabama Medicaid. If you currently do not have Medicaid, visit Alabama’s program website to see how.
Incontinence Coverage Information For Alabama Medicaid
Active Life Medical Products’ Product Specialists will assist a Medicaid patient in obtaining all paperwork and approvals from state agencies. Start your order today by filling out our Contact Form.