Can I Receive Incontinence Products Through Alaska Medicaid?
Under DenaliCare, individuals may qualify to receive a combination of the following:
- Adult Pull-Ups (Protective Underwear),
- Adult Briefs (Adult Diapers),
- Disposable Underpads,
- Bladder Control Pads (Poise Pads),
- Adult Wipes, And
To be approved for incontinence supplies under DenaliCare, you must have the following items.
- Documented proof within the last six months that the items are considered medically necessary by a physician.
- The estimated amount of supplies needed per day. For example, four pull-ons per day.
- The medical reason for needing supplies (certificate of medical necessity).
What Is Alaska Medicaid?
Alaska Medicaid, an entitlement program created by the Federal government, known as DenaliCare, is the primary public program for financing basic health and long-term care services for low-income Alaskans. Federal and state general funds fund it. The program focuses on coverage for low-income children, pregnant women, families, adults without dependent children between the ages of 19 and 64, the elderly, the blind, and the permanently disabled.
Can I Get Incontinence Products Through Active Life Medical Products?
Active Life Medical Products can supply incontinence products through Alaska Medicaid. If you currently do not have Medicaid, visit Alaska’s program website to see how.
Incontinence Coverage Information For Alaska Medicaid
Active Life Medical Products’ Product Specialists will assist a Medicaid patient in obtaining all paperwork and approvals from state agencies. Start your order today by filling out our Contact Form.