Can I Receive Incontinence Products Through Delaware Medicaid?
Delaware Medicaid is a state-run health plan option for adults, children, senior citizens, and individuals with disabilities living in Delaware. Delaware currently provides incontinence products for children and adults as one of the medically necessary medical supplies under its Medicaid coverage. Under Delaware Medicaid, individuals may qualify to receive a combination of the following:
- Adult Briefs (Adult Diapers),
- Bladder Control Pads (Poise Pads),
- Disposable Underpads, And
- Adult Pull-Ups (Adult Pull-Ons/Adult Protective Underwear).
Adult wipes, unfortunately, are not currently covered by Delaware Medicaid.
What Is Delaware Medicaid?
The Diamond State Health Plan (DSHP) is a mandatory Medicaid managed care program covering approximately 83% of Delaware’s Medicaid population. All Delaware Medicaid clients are eligible for the DSHP except for those in Long Term Care, Home and Community based waiver programs, or dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.
There are requirements to be covered by DSHP:
- Medicaid or your insurance provider may need to pre-approve your supplies before you can receive them.
- Supplies must be medically necessary and prescribed by your doctor.
Can I Get Incontinence Products Through Active Life Medical Products?
Active Life Medical Products currently can not supply incontinence products through Delaware Medicaid. If you currently do not have Medicaid, visit Delaware’s program website to see how.
To be approved for incontinence supplies under Delaware’s Medicaid benefits, you must have the following items:
- Must currently be a Delaware Medicaid recipient.
- Must have a qualifying medical need, such as autism, diabetes, Parkinson’s Disease, Down syndrome, etc.
- The estimated amount of supplies needed per day (i.e., five pairs of protective underwear per day).
- The medical reason for needing supplies (certificate of medical necessity).
Incontinence Coverage Information For Delaware Medicaid
Active Life Medical Products’ Product Specialists will assist a Medicaid patient in obtaining all paperwork and approvals from state agencies. Start your order today by filling out our Contact Form.