Can I Receive Incontinence Products Through Montana Medicaid?
One of our Product Specialists will help you gather all of the documentation you need for you to be approved for incontinence supplies (medical supplies) under Montana Medicaid health plans:
- Documented proof within the last six months that the incontinence products are considered medically necessary by a healthcare provider
- Pre-approval of incontinence supplies from your healthcare professional (prior authorization)
- The estimated amount of supplies needed per day (i.e., 80 pairs of pull-ups and seven diapers per day)
- The medical reason for your needing supplies (certificate of medical necessity)
Under Montana Medicaid, adults may qualify to receive a combination of up to 180 adult pull-ups/pull-ons and diapers/adult briefs each month. Adults who meet the qualifications can also receive the following:
- Disposable Bed Pads (Underpads),
- Reusable Bed Pads,
- Bladder Control Pads, And
Montana Medicaid does not cover wipes.
What Is Montana Medicaid?
Montana Medicaid is healthcare coverage for some low-income Montanans. The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) oversees Montana Medicaid.
Can I Get Incontinence Products Through Active Life Medical Products?
Active Life Medical Products can supply incontinence products through Montana Medicaid. If you currently do not have Medicaid, visit Montana’s program website to see how to apply.
Incontinence Coverage Information For Montana
Montana Medicaid will pay for incontinence supplies when prescribed by a physician for use in chronic pathologic conditions that cause incontinence. These medically necessary items include diapers, underpads, liners, and shields. Montana Medicaid limits the number of incontinence products distributed to covered individuals:
- Disposable adult diapers are limited to 180 diapers per month
- Disposable underpads and liners/shields are limited to 240 per month
- Reusable adult diapers, underpads, liners/shields are limited to 36 units each per year (3 per month)
Active Life Medical Products’ Product Specialists will assist a Medicaid patient in obtaining all paperwork and approvals from state agencies. Start your order today by filling out our Contact Form.