Research shows that up to 300 million people worldwide struggle with urinary incontinence. Although it’s evident that bladder problems are prevalent, most people with these issues experience feelings of shame.
Fortunately, you can find countless innovative incontinence products manufactured to empower people with urinary incontinence. Below we discuss how you can regain your confidence and improve your life quality with protective underwear:
Who Is Affected By Incontinence?
Data shows that up to 5% of the global population has urinary incontinence. Additionally, over 51% of people over 65 struggle with bladder or bowel incontinence.
Besides, new mothers and people with constipation experience incontinence due to stress on the pelvic area and genitals. Some people may experience urinary incontinence due to abdominal or pelvic surgeries and illnesses.
Another research reveals that 3 to 17% of women live with moderate and severe incontinence, whereas 3 to 11% of men have urinary incontinence. In addition, incontinence can be a symptom of medical conditions such as:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Spina Bifida
What Are Some Of The Side Effects Of Incontinence?
A massive yet overlooked part of incontinence is how it impacts your mental and emotional well-being. Most people with urinary incontinence suffer in silence because they feel shame and lack confidence.
Research shows that 30% of women with urinary incontinence struggle with depression, whereas 28% of Overactive Bladder patients experience depression. Here’s a closer look at how incontinence affects your mental health:
- Affects Your Sleep Quality: Urinary incontinence can impact the quality and length of sleep since you might have to wake up several times during the night
- Forces You To Stop Exercising: People with incontinence might fear exercising, which affects their mental health
- Hurts Your Relationships: Urinary incontinence can lead to a fear of intimacy
- Impacts Their Workplace Productivity: People with urinary incontinence can feel stigmatized and experience reduced self-worth, which leads to absence from the workplace
- Impacts Your Emotional Health: Living with urinary incontinence can cause feelings of shame, which leads to becoming withdrawn
Symptoms of Mental Illnesses Caused by Incontinence
Here are tell-tale signs of mental issues caused by urinary incontinence to look out for:
- Changes in eating habits
- Expressing dark thoughts
- Mood swings
How Can Protective Pull-On Underwear Help?
Living with urinary incontinence can affect your emotional and mental health. Research shows that only one in five women seek help for incontinence.
But you don’t have to keep it a secret. You can empower yourself and regain your confidence with the right incontinence products. An extra layer of protection from leaks and accidents can make you feel secure and boost your self-esteem.
Furthermore, protective pull-on underwear can increase sleep quality and allow you to enjoy your favorite hobbies without stressing incontinence. You’ll also feel happier and more confident in your professional and personal relationships.
Let’s take a deeper look at how a protective pull-on empowers you:
- It empowers you to perform daily and workplace tasks without feeling shame
- It increases your self-esteem, which motivates you to try new things
- It transforms your body language, which makes you feel more confident
Things to Consider Before Buying the Perfect Protective Underwear
Protective pull-on underwear is a safe, discreet, and effective way to stay dry and confident daily. Ideally, your selected product must have the following features:
- Breathable materials to ensure your skin stays dry and healthy
- Cloth-like fabric to offer the feeling and comfort of a real underwear
- Leg gathers to protect you from potential leaks
- Odor-absorbing protection to keep a fresh scent throughout the day
- Super-absorbent polymers and cores lock away moisture
How Can Active Life Medical Products Assist You With Your Incontinence Needs?
Reimagine how you live with urinary incontinence with Active Life Medical Products. Visit our website to unlock high-quality, safe, and effective incontinence products like reusable underpads, cleansing cloths, and cream tubes.
Restore the confidence you lost due to urinary incontinence with Active Life Medical Products’ discrete and comfortable reusable woman’s panty, cloth-like briefs, and protective underwear. Wear them under your favorite dresses to feel confident at work and enjoy evening parties!
You can also find adjustable belted shields, bladder control pads, male guard liners, and pant liners to avoid potential accidents while exercising or attending events. Improve the quality of your life and boost your self-esteem by finding the perfect incontinence product at Active Life Medical Products.
Break free of the stigma surrounding urinary incontinence and boost your confidence by trying protective pull-on underwear. You can style this incontinence product with any dress without worrying about it being “too obvious.”
Check Active Life Medical Product’s website for high-quality, safe, and effective incontinence products.
How Active Life Medical Products Can Help With Incontinence Supplies
You need a trusted incontinence product supplier when you require incontinence supplies. Active Life Medical Products makes ordering the entire incontinence supply process easy. Our Product Specialists can help you get your prescribed incontinence supplies covered through most insurances. Everything will be delivered directly and discreetly to your front door.
Call Active Life Medical Products at (800) 319-2336 to place your order.