Can I Receive Incontinence Supplies Through Wyoming Medicaid?
Under Wyoming Medicaid benefits, individuals may qualify to receive a combination of the following:
- Adult Pull-Ups (Pull-Ons),
- Adult Briefs (Adult Diapers),
- Disposable Underpads,
- Bladder Control Pads (Poise Pads), And
Unfortunately, wipes are not currently covered by Wyoming Medicaid.
To be approved for high-quality products under Wyoming Medicaid, you must have the following items:
- Must be enrolled in a Wyoming Medicaid plan.
- Must have a qualifying medical need, such as Spina bifida, OAB (overactive bladder), autism, etc.
- The estimated amount of supplies needed per day. For example, 3 pairs of protective underwear and 1 adult brief per day.
- The medical reason for needing supplies (certificate of medical necessity).
What Is Wyoming Medicaid?
Wyoming Medicaid is a joint Federal/State program established to pay for medical services for people with disabilities, people 65 years and older, children and their caretakers, and pregnant women who meet the program’s financial requirements. The program’s purpose is to provide reimbursement for and assure the availability of appropriate medical care to persons who meet the criteria for Medicaid.
To be eligible for Wyoming Medicaid, you must be:
- A resident of the state of Wyoming,
- A U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien, in need of health care/insurance assistance,
- Whose financial situation would be characterized as low income or meager income.
You must also be one of the following:
- Pregnant, or
- Be responsible for a child 18 years of age or younger, or
- Blind, or
- Have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability, or
- Be 65 years of age or older.
Can I Get Incontinence Supplies Through Active Life Medical Products?
Active Life Medical Products currently can not supply incontinence products through Wyoming Medicaid. If you currently do not have Medicaid, visit Wyoming’s program website to see how.
Wyoming Medicaid only covers the cost of incontinence supplies considered medically necessary. A doctor or physician must confirm that the products are for a treatment plan. You may also need pre-approval from Wyoming Medicaid before you can get supplies with your benefits.
Incontinence Coverage Information For Wyoming Medicaid
Active Life Medical Products’ Product Specialists will assist a Medicaid patient in obtaining all paperwork and approvals from state agencies. Start your order today by filling out our Contact Form.