Have you recently been prescribed catheters and are now wondering, “Where can I buy a catheter?” It can feel confusing and overwhelming when you have a new medical situation requiring specialized medical products. Active Life Medical Products can help.
If you need catheters and are searching for where to buy a catheter, you’ve found the right supplier. Active Life Medical is your one-stop shop for all things catheter-related. We strive to make it easy for catheter users to get the supplies they’re prescribed when needed and billed directly to their insurance.
When you choose Active life Medical for your catheter supplies, you get a partner for all of your catheter supply needs:
- Discreet Delivery to Your Home: You never need to enter the store to coordinate obtaining your catheter supplies. Active Life Medical Products makes it easier to buy a catheter and have it shipped quickly and discreetly directly to your doorstep without ever needing to leave home.
- Experienced Insurance Billing: When you need catheter supplies, they must be billed to your insurance correctly. The insurance specialists at Active Life Medical Products can coordinate all paperwork required with your healthcare team, and we’ll bill your insurance directly.
- Knowledgeable Customer Service: Our customer service representatives have years of experience dealing with catheters and medical supplies. They are standing by to help you with all your catheter-related questions and to help ensure that you get the correct supplies you need when you need them.
- Name Brand Catheters: Active Life Medical Products features all name-brand catheters you know and trust.
The Active Life Medical Product Difference
What sets Active Life Medical Products apart from our competitors? You’re sure to see the difference when you use us for catheter supplies. We strive to offer our customers a reliable option.
- We stand behind our catheter supplies to ensure you with quality catheters per your prescription.
- We’ll always work closely with you and your medical team to obtain the catheter supplies you need when you need them.
- We’ll remain flexible as your needs change. We understand that your supply needs may change from time to time. Active Life Medical Products will work with your doctors to accommodate changes and conditions.
- We’ll work hard as a liaison between you and your insurance company to ensure correct, accurate, and timely billing.
- You’ll never need to wonder where your supplies are – we deliver your catheter supplies on time and within your schedule.
Why Are Catheters Prescribed?
All catheters require a prescription and must be for a qualifying medical condition. But why do physicians, urologists, and healthcare providers prescribe urinary catheters? Various medical factors and conditions can lead to the use of a catheter, but some of the most common reasons you need to buy a catheter can include but are not limited to:
- Atrophic vagina in females
- Cognitive decline
- False urethral or stoma passages
- History of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- History of prostate surgery
- History of urethral traumas
- Pelvic radiation
Urinary catheters almost always resolve urinary incontinence, urinary retention, or uncontrolled urination when the abovementioned conditions occur.
Now You Have A Catheter Prescription
Active Life Medical can help you with the different types of catheter styles once you receive a prescription:
- Closed System Catheters: Closed system catheters are like an all-in-one solution for catheterization. This intermittent catheter is pre-attached to tubing and drainage bags for easy use and placement.
- Foley Catheters: Foley catheters are flexible tubes placed by medical professionals into a patient’s bladder and left to continue drainage efforts.
- Hydrophilic Catheters: This catheter style is part of the intermittent catheter family. Hydrophilic catheters are pre-lubricated and individually packaged.
- Intermittent Catheters: Intermittent catheters are also known as “in-and-out catheters.” This catheter type is single-use and inserts directly into the urethra for bladder drainage.
- Male External Catheters: Also known as condom catheters, male external catheters are latex or silicone and fit over the shaft of the penis.
We can also help with catheter supplies and accessories, such as:
- Antiseptic or Sterile Solutions: Keeping catheterized areas clean is essential to prevent infection; antiseptic or sterile swabs can help.
- Bed Bags: These are larger drainage bags used overnight to hold more significant amounts of urine.
- Catheter Kits: Catheter kits include everything you need for catheterization. These kits can feature graduated trays, gloves, antiseptic, catheters, drainage bags, tubing, lubricant, gauze, and more.
- Gloves: Caregivers and users often use gloves during catheter changes to promote cleanliness and reduce bacterial infection.
- Leg Bags: Strapped to the user’s leg for drainage purposes.
- Lubricant: Lubricant must be used with each internal catheterization to reduce friction and help prevent tearing.
Different Catheter Sizes
Different catheter and tubing sizes accommodate different anatomical needs and medical diagnoses. You must know what size you need before you buy a catheter; your physician can help with this. Insertion lengths usually follow this structure:
Children: Can range from 10-12 inches in length
Men: Generally 16″ in length
Women: Usually shorter in length, between 6-8 inches due to shorter urethra
Tubing sizes are measured slightly differently. Catheter tubes use the universal French sizing system. French catheter sizes are as follows:
How Active Life Medical Products Can Help With Catheter Supplies
You need a trusted catheter product supplier when you require catheter supplies. Active Life Medical Products makes ordering the entire catheter supply process easy. Our Product Specialists can help you get your prescribed catheter covered through most insurances. Everything will be delivered directly and discreetly to your front door.
Call Active Life Medical Products at (800) 319-2336 to place your order.