Coloplast Catheters: Facts, History, and Usage
Coloplast Catheters: Facts, History, and Usage
Coloplast catheters and the Coloplast brand name are synchronous not only with the catheter medical category, but also with ostomy, wound care, and incontinence intervention supplies. Coloplast is recommended by medical experts throughout the world and increasingly requested by name by caregivers and catheter users.
Below, we’ll take a closer look at the history of Coloplast, the catheters they manufacture, and what details have established them as a leader in the medical supply industry.
The History of Coloplast Catheters
Coloplast began making its mark in the healthcare world in the 1950s with the story of a nurse, Elise Sorensen, and her sister, Thora. Thora had just gone through having an ostomy operation and was concerned about her stoma leaking, thus leading to her avoiding public situations. Elise, in a bid to help her sister achieve better daily living, thought up the idea of an ostomy bag. A civil engineer, Aage-Louise Hansen, then helped bring Elise’s idea to life by designing the world’s first ostomy bag. This led to Coloplast’s establishment in 1957.
So, where do Coloplast catheters come in?
Since its inception in 1957 with ostomy bags, Coloplast has continued to grow and develop in order to provide patients and caregivers with a dynamic line of healthcare products that can support and remedy a range of medical needs; this includes products like Coloplast catheters, wound care supplies, skin care supplies, and more. Today, with over 12,000 employees, Coloplast has truly established itself as one of the most trusted names in the industry.
Different Types of Coloplast Catheter Options Offered
Today, Coloplast Catheters include a wide variety to accommodate different patient healthcare needs in urology. The company’s line of catheter products include:
- SpeediCath® Flex / SpeediCath® Flex Coudé Pro: For men seeking a great soft catheter option, the SpeediCath® Flex series is a top choice. This catheter is available with both straight and coude tips and features a soft-squeeze grip for easy and comfortable insertion as well as a hydrophilic coating.
- SpeediCath® Compact Eve®: The SpeediCath Compact Eve® series is a triangularly shaped catheter option designed with a women’s body type and needs in mind. With this catheter’s polished eyelets and hydrophilic coating, women can exprience a more comfortable insertion and use.
- SpeediCath® Compact Set: The SpeediCath® Compact Set features a hydrophilic coating for easy and comfortable insertion and a catheter bag for an all-in-one cathing solution that can be used anywhere and on-the-go.
- SpeediCath® Compact Female: The SpeediCath® Compact Female option is designed specifically with female usage and comfort in mind. This set includes a coated hydrophilic 3.5 inch catheter and a small, discreet catheter bag for easy drainage.
- SpeediCath® Compact Male:The SpeediCath® Compact Male option is designed specifically with male usage and comfort in mind. This set includes a coated hydrophilic 12 Fr catheter and a 750 ml attached catheter bag for easy drainage.
- SpeediCath® Soft: The SpeediCath® Soft is one of the newest catheter additions for Coloplast. Available in 10-16 FR sizes, this catheter option is prelubricated with a hydrophilic coating and includes a helpful and touch-reducing grip for insertion.
- SpeediCath® Standard: This series of Coloplast catheters is part of the original line of SpeediCath® products and is available in male, female, and pediatric versions. There are also variations with coude tips available. This catheter line is prelubricated for easy insertion and discreet for carrying anywhere on-the-go.
- Self-Cath® Plus Series: This Coloplast catheters series is especially designed for users who self-cath. These catheters are available in male, female, and pediatric version, a variety of FR sizes, and in both coude and tapered tips; users find that this series is one of the most versatile to fit their needs.
- Self-Cath® Closed System: Within the Self-Cath® Plus Series is the Closed System option. This catheter option includes everything needed for cathing on-the-go in one self-contained system that includes bag and prelubricated catheter. Male and female options are available.
- Conveen® Optima Male External Catheters: Coloplast’s series of self-sealing male external catheters, the Conveen Optima’s, are increasingly popular for self-cathing patients and caregivers as a safer and less-invasive catheter option. The self-sealing feature allows the catheter to be safely and securely used all day. Multiple diameters are available to accommodate different patient sizes.
- Freedom® Clear: This male external catheter series is comprised of silicone and aloe-infused adhesive for easy and effective placement that lasts all day.
What Is Coloplast’s WheelMate™?
Coloplast prides itself on being an advocate for and staunch supporter of the patients that use its products. With the Coloplast WheelMate™ program, wheelchair patients can use a well-designed and helpful app to find wheelchair-friendly bathrooms and parking spaces; this has proven to be an important timesaver for users throughout the U.S. both locally and while travelling.
Why Do Catheter Users Choose Coloplast?
Coloplast is one of the most well-known and asked for names in the medical supply and catheter industry. Not only are healthcare providers comfortable prescribing these products, but patients and caregivers will often only use the Coloplast brand. Coloplast has been a top choice in the catheter supply category for decades and works to ensure they provide the best and most reliable catheter solutions and support to patients. Because of the wide variety of catheters and sizes available, most patients can find what they’re looking for when they choose Coloplast Catheters.
Get Your Coloplast Catheters Through Active Life Medical
Active Life Medical is committed to only providing customers with top-rated, safe, secure, and effective medical supplies, such as the Coloplast line of products. For this reason, Coloplast Catheters are not only one of our top selling brands, but they are also one of the most trusted brands by our catheter experts and most commonly asked for my name.
When you choose Active Life Medical you can easily and quickly obtain the Coloplast Catheters that you need, when you need them. Our team of customer care and catheter experts can walk you through the process of getting your Coloplast supplies billed directly and accurately to your insurance following being prescribed as medically necessary by your physician; when medical necessary and prescribed by your physician, urinary catheters can often be covered by insurances.
Each Active Life Medical customer is treated with top-rated care, support, and expert guidance. We will guide you through the entire process of obtaining your catheter supplies through your insurance, including collecting necessary paperwork from your doctors, coordinating billing with your insurance, and delivering your necessary Coloplast catheters discreetly right to the convenience of your doorstep. We’re familiar and skilled in understanding and translating insurances nationwide and can help expertly guide you through getting the catheters you need covered by your insurance.
When you choose Active Life Medical you’re choosing a partner in your catheter care. You no longer need to be concerned about getting the catheter brands you want and need, including Coloplast catheters – we’ll walk you through the entire process. Give us a call at 800-319-2336 to get started today!