Can I Receive Incontinence Products Through Minnesota Medicaid?

Minnesota Medicaid is a state-run insurance option for adults, children, senior citizens, and individuals with disabilities living in Minnesota with Medicaid benefits. The Minnesota Medicaid program currently provides incontinence products for children and adults as one of the medically necessary items under its coverage.

Under Minnesota Medicaid, individuals may qualify for a combination of:

  • Bladder Control Pads (Poise Pads)
  • Briefs (Adult Diapers)
  • Disposable Underpads
  • Adult Pull-Ups/Pull-Ons

Minnesota Medicaid does not cover adult wipes.

What Is Minnesota Medicaid?

Medical Assistance (MA) is Minnesota’s Medicaid program for low-income people. 

Most people who have MA get health care through health plans that can be chosen from those that serve MA members in your county. 

Members who do not get health care through a health plan get care on a fee-for-service basis, with providers billing the state directly for the services they provide. 

MA is Minnesota’s most extensive healthcare program and serves children and families, pregnant women, adults without children, seniors, and people who are blind or have a disability. 

To get coverage, you must: 

  • Be a Minnesota resident
  • Be a U.S. citizen or a qualifying noncitizen
  • Meet any other program rules
  • Meet the income limit and asset limit, if any
  • Provide a Social Security number for each person requesting MA unless an exception is met

Can I Get Incontinence Products Through Active Life Medical Products?

Active Life Medical Products currently can not supply incontinence products through Minnesota Medicaid. If you currently do not have Medicaid, visit Minnesota’s program website to see how.

Incontinence Coverage Information For Minnesota Medicaid

Active Life Medical Products’ Product Specialists will assist a Medicaid patient in obtaining all paperwork and approvals from state agencies. Contact us at (800) 319-2336 for personalized support. Start your order today by filling out our Contact Form.