Can I Receive Incontinence Products Through Kansas Medicaid?

To be approved for incontinence supplies under Kansas Medicaid, the following is required:

  • Know the estimated amount of supplies needed per day
  • Must be enrolled in a Kansas Medicaid plan
  • Must have a qualifying medical need, such as autism, overactive bladder (OAB), cerebral palsy, etc.
  • The medical reason for needing supplies (certificate of medical necessity)

What Is Kansas Medicaid?

KanCare is the program through which the State of Kansas administers Medicaid. Launched in January 2013, KanCare delivers whole-person, integrated care to more than 415,000 people across the state. Kansas has contracted with three health plans or managed care organizations (MCOs) to coordinate health care for all people enrolled in Medicaid.

 Kansas Medicaid, KanCare, pays for medical services for children and their caretakers, pregnant women, and persons who are disabled, blind, or 65 years of age or older.

To be eligible for KanCare, you must be a resident of Kansas, a U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien in need of health care/insurance assistance, whose financial situation would be characterized as low income or meager income. You must also be one of the following:

  • Be 65 years of age or older
  • Be responsible for a child 18 years of age or younger
  • Blind
  • Have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability
  • Pregnant

Can I Get Incontinence Products Through Active Life Medical Products?

Active Life Medical Products currently can not supply incontinence products through Kansas Medicaid. If you currently do not have Medicaid, visit Kansas’s program website to see how.

Incontinence Coverage Information For Kansas Medicaid

Active Life Medical Products’ Product Specialists will assist a Medicaid patient in obtaining all paperwork and approvals from state agencies. Contact us at (800) 319-2336 for personalized support.